Brief History In the early years, Inglewood, was regarded as part of the Maylands
district. However, during the gold boom of the 1890's, 525 acres was purchased by an English company (Gold
Estates of Australia ltd), who proceed to subdivide the section known as the Avenues, on either side of
Beaufort Street. The name "Inglewood estate" was given to the subdivision by EW Hammer in 1895, though it was
often referred to as 'Pommy Town'. The origin of the name is uncertain it is believed it was named after
Inglewood, in California or more likely a Norwegian barque (ship) which berthed in Fremantle, in the
1890's.The greatest problem with the expansion of the area was transport. At the time of development, the
Beaufort Street tramway ended at Walcott Street, in Mt Lawley . The only public transport in the area was Maylands Railway Station , a considerable distance from Inglewood. However with the development
of the area the tramway extended into Inglewood and the area boomed.
Things You May Not Know About InglewoodThe post code for Inglewood is 6052.
Important Links To Inglewood
City of Stirling
Zoom In Map of Inglewood